Monday, October 08, 2007

Phuket = Tropical Strom = No Sun = No Beach = No Tan = Bored To Tears

- Lions Club Of Bayan Baru Phuket Trip...-
-Me and Hubs Just Tagged Along!!!!-


OK so…Phuket was supposed to be paradise rite? Well…not to me… sad…yes… first of all… there was a tropical storm for the whole weekend… so what do I get to do?? Bored to tears… we spend most of our time eating, massages, and drinking…I was soooo super duper disappointed that I can’t work on my tan… I did not even touch the blardee sand!!! *hysterical crying*

-tropical storm...dammit!!!-

Thank God that we went there with a bunch of people… yea… me and hubs tagged along with my parents and their Lions’ Club… despite no sun, lotsa rain and lotsa OLD people… we had our share of fun… we ate, drank and gossip… seriously old ladies and old men gossip a lot… a freaking lot… I think the men does more!

As we were staying on Patong Beach… where the tsunami hit … until now, we could still see the damages... really sad actually… a lot of unrest spirits… the resort room that we were in were all new…fully renovated and really nice…but… I could not help but feel something around… I do not know if I am thinking too much but I feel something… which totally spoke me out… to make matters worst… some of the other ladies and men felt the same…SCARY!!!

In details: in our room, as I was unpacking, I found a plate with some package wrap in green cloth… freak the shit out of me… dare not touch it, so went around asking…apparently, during the tsunami…the place we were staying was totally wipe out… so basically lotsa dead people around… so the package was there to appease the dead… whoa… I got a case of extra large goose bumps!!
We were not disturbed by any spirits but I could feel their presence… sad! Hubs on the other hand was like totally fine… you see…he is a skeptic… he does not believe in spirit. Said I was nuts… and too sensitive…and tthink too much… then he tried to scare the shit out of me… by saying there are spirits talking to him!! Urg…sometimes he can be so juvenile!!!!!
-our "haunted" room...no la...just felt haunted-

With all that Hubs promise (with pinky swear) that he will bring me to Phuket again… when it is not in the middle of tropical storm season… and to some nicer resort!! *happy dee*

-fine dining @ Baan Rim Pa-

-20 people's mess... talk about fine dining...ha ha ha...the food was to die for!-

-my new best friend...thanks to dad!!-

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm off to Phuket in 2 weeks, so hope I don't get the same spooky encounters!!!!! *prays hard!!!* The restaurant looks great - would you by any chance know if it's halal? We've been having issues with the planning of our trip cause of muslim colleagues who insist that halal means halal, and not pork not served which is virtually impossible in phuket:P

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look fantastic. I especially liked the soft glows of the restaurant - very romantic setting there!
/Cheryl

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

cheryl!...it is very romantic...but too bad i was not there alone with my man..ha ha ha

chrissy! not too sure if the place is halal...ohh wait... got pork... we had pork dishes... sorry...