Monday, October 01, 2007

Grocery Shopping Mayhem

I am still not used to groceries shopping back in Malaysia… first of all…there is no Coles!!! Secondly, I am so used to the brands I get back in Melbourne that they don’t sell it here. Thirdly, product placement here is to me a while big pile of mess!

Mom said I will get used to how they place products and the brands here… all I have to do is test it out. I have been testing products back in Aussie-land for 5 years and I am happy with all my brands… (I have brand loyalty!) thank you very much! Just the other day, mom was complaining on how rough my hands have become… thanks to the dishwashing liquid (that I have been testing…bad product) and thanks to no dishwasher. I just told her that the dishwashing liquid I bought it not working out… I need to try another brand. The problem is… everything here is in BIG packaging… how am I suppose to test product if the blardee dishwashing liquid is like 1 liter…my hands would have fallen off from all the testing!

I know I am sounding like a totally spoilt overgrown married woman, but I have my reasons… I want my Paul’s milk, my Coon cheese, my fresh strawberries, my fresh button mushrooms that I pick and pack in the brown bag, my Vegemite, my Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid, my Vileda kitchen cloth, my Helga bread, my fresh juicy bacon; basically I missed shopping at COLES!!! If only they have all that back in Penang without paying a premium price…

Hubs actually took me on a hunting trip for my all time favorite Coon cheddar cheese and fresh bacon. We decided to go to Tesco to look for it… au usual…they don’t carry the brand and the bacon looks pathetic to even be cooked! Under the rain hubs then drove me to Jusco… blardee hell…NONE… they do sell a lot of Japanese/Taiwanese food stuff… Last resort, he drove me all the way to Cold Storage in Gurney…none none none… I swore someone is out to get me… I bought my Coon cheese there about 1 month ago and now its all gone…GONE!!! I NEED MY COON!!! Feeling all frustrated and pissed off…hubs substitute my cheese and bacon craving with red wine… bless him… but that still does not put an end to my hunt on Coon cheese and perfect bacon!

The worst part is not only bout not getting the things I want to buy, but the shoppers around me… I get so irritated when parents let loose of their children with the trolley… these kids will go around like they are in F1 track, I had a few accidents with these kids… and all their parents think is how smart their kids are… blardee hell…control your kids!! If my kids were like that, I would so smack them and asked them to apologies! Kids will be kids after all right? You would not expect a grown adult to be so rude and inconsiderate. I hate it when adults with a ripe age is 50 will just block the whole aisle with their trolley, and when you asked them to excuse you, they will cast you a dirty look like they own the aisle… I mean what the hell!!! The worst kind is aunties checking out what you are buying and make comments to their husband/friends/shopping buddy there and then!! Mind your own blardee business AUNTY!!

My weekly grocery shopping mayhem ends usually at the car park… me and hubs seriously cannot CANNOT stand those shoppers who load their shopping bags in the car and leave the trolley by the side next to another car and expect it to disappear… what are you teaching your children?… I mean how hard is it to push the trolley back to the trolley line allocated? I find it so irresponsible… by simply parking the shopping trolleys, it might roll off and knock someone’s car or worst…knocked into someone… I just feel so sad seeing all this actions by our own people…Sad…not to say I am more superior than them…but I feel by following rules and using your brains to think sensibly, each of us can make this place more bearable and much more orderly.

No comments: