Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Day

I have added another year to my age. But that does not make me old… just wiser… hahaha…what a joke!!

I must say, we are full of criticism when it comes to eating…macam we like food connoisseurs… maybe because we have eaten better food along our way or that hubs taste for food is extraordinary coming from a family of Chinese chefs…I think it’s a combination of that and my constant hunger for good food to make me stuffing myself silly worth it.

My parents recommended hubs to bring me to this particular restaurant which is suppose to have a good atmosphere and good food to celebrate my birthday. At first sight, it looks like any other seafood restaurant along Tanjong Bungah.

Once inside, well… the atmosphere was romantic but not intimate. The place calls for proper dressing, but there were patrons in slippers and shorts (spoiler). The staff was very friendly and polite… but of cause got double standards la… the ang mohs get more attention… ha ha ha… The restaurant played really nice French café side walk songs… very soothing… nice music for dinning…

Ok menu… mixed of western and Asian…I ordered mushroom soup and lobster with steak. Hubs had the chicken corn soup and lobster with grilled king prawns. The mushroom soup was a tad too salty and the chicken corn soup was a bit too sweet.

The lobster termidor we had, well…I felt there was too much onions which totally took the sweet taste of the lobster away, and the termidor sauce was too diluted. My steak however was done nicely… but cannot beat Squire’s Loft…*sigh*. Hubs grilled prawns were not too bad…but it tasted like regular grilled prawns.

So after dinner, with the nice music and all…suddenly… some weird music came out from the speakers… OMFG!!!! It was a birthday song in some kiddy tune blasting… I was sooooooo humiliated…totally spoilt the ambiance…malu-ation!!! Hubs was so apologetic over the whole thing… ha ha ha…

Are we going to go back there? Well… maybe not so soon… but thanks baby for treating me to a birthday dinner…poor man… he thought he totally screw it… but hey our expectations are a wee bit high when it comes to dining.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday! *huGZ*