Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Banning Of The Soya Sauce

Ever since I was in uni, (that is when I started cooking), I always cook everything with “kicap” (soya sauce), a dash here, a dash there… I put it into everything, from stir fry to marinades and as dips. It was one of the easiest ingredients to use and find.

Today, I still use it and I have no idea why I use it so much now and I did not realize that I put it in everything!! Not until hubs told me. *shy* He told me that all my Chinese dishes all taste the same, they all taste like soya sauce… *oohh shy*.

So… last night, with very strong determination, I banned soya sauce from my cooking… I did very very well…very surprised actually. Last night’s menu was Stir Fry Beef and Shitake Mushroom with Black Bean Sauce, Chicken Soup and Stir Fry French Beans with Shrimps *clap* *clap* *clap*. Hubs was surprised also… polished off his plate. Good Boy!

No comments: