Wednesday, July 27, 2011

IVF #1 : Eggies

This month is all about eggs. And I have 13 of egg follicles as of this morning! 13!!

 Am very pleased with my ovaries :) Apparently nothing is wrong with my left ovary which we were worried about not responding to the drugs.  The left ovary happened to produce 7 egg follicles and the right ovary 6 egg follicles. The biggest follicle measured at 15mm and the smallest at 9.5mm, and Dr D is happy with the numbers. He sent me home with two more days of injections and going in on Saturday for another scan to see the progress. Hopefully *fingers cross* we will see some of the laggards chasing up and some of the frontliners growing big and strong.

I am also told by Dr D to consume a min of 3 egg whites a day or more to keep OHSS at bay. Not a problem...anything to reduce the risk is fine by me.

So, if by Saturday, the egg follicles would have reach min 18mm then it will be trigger time and my egg retrieval surgery would be on Monday and if all goes well and we have good grade embryos, then embryo transfer would be next Wednesday.

Suddenly everything is happening so fast! Feelings? Happy, excited and scared shit at the same time. At the current moment, I am somewhat uncomfortable, I have ovaries pain and my belly is super bloated! Feels like exploding!!


No comments: