Monday, July 11, 2011

IVF #1 - Hello Suprefact!

We are finally in the next step of our IVF cycle. Long gone the BCP....I think it was the most painless part of IVF. Popping 1 tiny pill a day was easy peasy comparing to what I am begining to experience now.

Let's see, last Friday arvo, we went in to see Dr. D and his team. We finally met our embryologist let's call her G. She was really nice and what she did was explained to us her role in the IVF process and assure us she wll take good care of my eggs and the little future embryos.

Afer having an hour long chat we her, we met Dr D. No blood work for E2 hormones or U/S this time but he will do it when my Aunt Flo comes in less that a week's time. So with that I am on to my supression injections with the "awesome" Suprefact!


Self inject 30iu of Suprefact for the next 14 days. FAB!! and then what? Back to get more refills and other injections. SUPER!

FUN FACT: Suprefact injections is done to prep me for the next step of IVF. What it does is to suppress the LH ( Luteinizing Hormone) in order to prevent ovulation.

So the nurse guided the hubs on how to fill the needle and get rid of air bubbles and whatnot... why so complicated??!! It's so different from my old injection Gonal - F where it was a prefilled pen, just change the needle head, and jab!

So the first needle, the nurse - ok better start calling her J. So J did the first injection for me... Yups, as expected: ouch. When the needle puncture the skin of my belly, I felt it, then when she pump the liquid in, it started to sting from the inside out! Not a comfortable feeling at all! 1 down 13 more to go.

On to the second day, I did not sleep a wink anticipating the needle in the morning. So when the time came, it was me, the hubs, the cold liquid and the needle. After battling with air bubbles, and alcohol swabed myself, hubs did the deed. Once again, it did hurt, but not as bad as when J did it... hubs my needle hero la!

When it was over I was already anticipating the next needle the following morning! * slap head*

And then by the afternoon, I started having headaches.... not migrain like or not-enough-sleep headaches. More of like someone taking an ice pick and start banging on my head. And to top it all I started burning up from the inside out. Menopausal women calls this "hot flush". Honestly, not a good feeling. So on Saturday the headaches and hot flushes decided to stay mostly the whole day. And on Sunday, half of the day. As for today, it has not attack me yet. So I am taking the time now to finish my work and blog a bit before I get all cranky.

Today is needle #4, and I have 2 belly bruise from previous needles. Oh happy days!

2 comments:

IVF - CANCUN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IVF - CANCUN said...

Thanks for sharing a idea....Great post and informative
infertility treatments