Friday, May 22, 2009

Education For Lynn

What happened on a Thursday night with great old friends and margaritas?

Q & A on Cartoons!

How did we get there??

It all started during dinner when Star Trek was the topic of conversation. My friends kept insisting that I go watch it...but then hubs refuse 'coz he thinks he will be betraying Star Wars! ( I also don't geddit!) Anyways, we were talking about the actors and characters and I told them I know 'Spot' - the guy with the white face and looks like a robot! They ALL cracked up laughing!!!! I was like WHHATTTTTT....!!!! There were like its 'Spock' I was like 'Sporks'?This arguement continue on over Margaritas @ TGIF where I kept insisting its Sporks the white dude that looks like ROBOT... they all corrected me and told me it was 'DATA' and I was like who is 'DATA'? and I told them I know 'Sporks' !

I guess they were quite amazed with my "knowldege" they decided to quiz me on cartoons that we used to watch when we were kids. So randomly ,they asked me if I knew Jem? And I told them oh yes Jem and the Misfits!! Wrong!! It was Jem and the Holograms!! That is where it started... I told them Road Runner is a ostrich and they burst out laughing...and told me the Road Runner is actually a name of a bird (REAL LIFE!) I was like NO'efing way! Its an ostrich!!!
I was wrong! A road runner is actually a small bird REAL LIFE!!

More Q & A:

Friends: who is the enemy of Thundercats?
Lynn:'Urmmbala'!!!
*followed by laughing*
Friends: Umbala' is a fruit and its suppose to be 'Mumbera'
Lynn: Well almost close what!

Friends:What is 'She-Ra, Princess of Power' real name?
Lynn: Princess Arora
Friends: Princess Arora is Sleepping Beauty la! Its Pricess Adora!!
(Sounds the same to me!)

At the end of it all... well most of my answers were wrong or slightly" imperfect". I told them in my defense that my grandms's TV is distorted!

This morning, a good friend e-mail me this:


EDUCATION FOR LYNN

This is SPOT


This is SPOCK




This is DATA



This the ROAD RUNNER (actual bird)




ROAD RUNNER (Warner Bros)




Dammit! I am somewhat hopeless!

P/S: I tot Sylvester the cat is a dog

P/S/S: I also tot that Tom was Jerry and Jerry was Tom!

2 comments:

~P~ said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! OMG OMG OMG ! THAT WAS FUNNAY!!!
UMBALA!!

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

I am glad I light up your day!