Friday, February 20, 2009

Sinful Meal

I had a sinful dinner last night with my staff. And when I say sinful I meant in in every way! There was sharks fin involved and a certain baby pig.

It started with a prawn dish done in two ways, one was to oven baked it with mozzarella and top it with Tabasco sauce ( very western) the other was a deep friend prawn paste wrapped in bean curd sheet ( very Chinese).

Hubs was very much into the cheese not so much on the deep fried prawn wrap.











Next on the menu was what we all have been waiting for - Buddha Jumps Over the Wall Soup. This soup is very complicate and we had to eat in 4 servings (layers), and it took the chef 2 days to make it ( don't ask me how, have no clue whatsoever but hell it taste heaven!!- No wonder the Buddha jumped over the wall, either to get some soup or just to escape the aromatic smell of the soup!)

The 1st layer of the soup is sharks fin and scallops. I know its bad to eat sharks fin, seeing how the fisherman mistreats the sharks for their fins. But I am a Chinese! We eat everything.. So I am guilty of it!





The 2nd layer consists of abalone and fish tongue. I love abalone and it was very well done.... melt in my mouth and not chewy. The fish tongue however, well... lets just say its fishy but yet the texture is smooth and soft.





The 3rd layer of the soup was big ass Chinese mushroom and sea cucumber. I heart sea cucumber and mushroom, so need not explain!

The 4th and final layer which I did not take a picture of, was a black chicken and Chinese bacon or ham thing and suppose to have a terrapin but I told the chef in advance that we don't eat terrapins so he did not put it in.


After stuffing 4 rounds of soup, most of us were pretty filled up, until the waitress brought in the Roasted Suckling Pig! Oh Man!! Once again its cruel to eat a baby pig which is still suckling on its mother, but please forgive me!

The skin was so crispy and I love to dip it in sweet black sauce and eating it with the steam dumpling (mantau). Hubs on the other hand was enjoying the pigs leg which he devoured like there is no
tomorrow.














The following dishes was broccoli with abalone and home made bean curd and sizziling seafood noodles. Both dishes were a bit hard to go in as most of us were super stuffed! But somehow we manage it very well!







After such a hearty and sinful meal, we were treated to a yummylicious dessert. Snow frog desert double boil in coconut. Snow Frog??!! It's what we Chinese call "shiut kap", actually its kinda disgusting, it is actually dried fallopian tubes of some asiatic green frog or knows as hasma.
Yes is sounds horrible, but its actually good for you and yummy!
I must admit it was a fantastic dinner, and everyone was happy and contented with the meal. It's not like everyday we get to eat like an emperor or empress for that matter, seeing that the bill could feed more that 7 of us for many months! And for once I am glad to be a Chinese that enjoyed "Chinese" food!

No comments: