Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Care To Join Me On The Twilight Bandwagon?


So sue me!

Yes I am guilty of jumping onto the Twilight craze. I know it is suppose to be for teenagers and very young adults not that suitable for a married woman of nearly 30!

But HELL who cares! I LOVE romantic novels, movies anything that warms my heart and make me cry at the same time.

I wan introduced to this book when I was back in Melbourne a couple of years back when Borders was promoting it and I was re-introduced again to the whole saga beginning of last year. I was so tempted to buy it but something was holding me back. Oh yes the fact that I hate horror stories and I hate vampires, so I did not bother with it until the movie came out.

I was asked by my girlfriends to watch Twilight when it came out... I said NO flat out... ignorant as I am always, I kept insisting it was a dark dark movie. After they watched it, the girls were all gushing at how nice and romantic it was... for many months I would hear about Twilight and how incredibly romantic and sweet Edward Cullen was.

So in the end I gave in, I bought the DVD and sat down and watch the whole movie. I thought the movie was kinda draggy and depressing. Edward Cullen was not cute nor handsome neither was Bella Swan. So it was a let down.

Then again, they made a movie out from a novel, it must be good right?? Went straight into Borders and pick one up. Well let me just say, the book is way way way much better than the movie - full stop!

I love how Stephenie Meyer describe every single feeling of both the character especially Bella's infatuation with Edward in the beginning. It was well written and very romantic, unlike the movie. The book actually brought me to a different place, not back in time, not to the future but present time in a world just with different people. In the book I felt like I was watching them from above, every single word, every single movement, every touch, every breath...ahhhh... Well, I do not want to be Bella Swan and I do not wanna date an Edward Cullen. I just like reading about their journey, about what is going to happen to both of them in a relatioship that needs a lot a sacrifices.

So Yes! I admit, I am chasing this saga...next on my list New Moon!

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Kheng Lin said...

Oh Oh Oh! I'm so riding your bandwagon babe... totally hooked on it... am halfway thru New Moon now.

~P~ said...

Wait till u get to Breaking Dawn...left me gasping for breath!

I'm re-reading it now...heh!

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

I have to stop reading so fast!!! i am finishing New Moon soon and today is the 2nd day!