Monday, January 21, 2008

Just A Piece Of Meat

I am hungry!

Sooooo…I am going to talk about Kobe Beef. Kobe beef is actually meat from the black Tajima-ushi breed of Wagyu cattle, raised according to strict tradition in Japan. This practice includes feeding the cows a diet of sake and beer, and daily massages to relieve muscle stiffness. Basically… a “tai tai” (lady of leisure)/ “tauke” cow.

This would then result in super expensive price for well feed, well massaged piece of meat. Actually people rave about the tenderness of Kobe beef, the well balance fat content that melts in your mouth and so on.

Would I actually pay exorbitant amount of $$ just to taste Kobe Beef? NOPES!!! But my Dad did!!! He bought us Japanese dinner last weekend and on the table was KOBE BEEF!!! RM140 per 100 grams! Crazy!

Verdict…. It was superb! Oh so tender…the fat is actually soft and not chewy and it melts… the smell of the beef was not strong and OH MY GOD!!! It was heaven…

For those who are not into red meat… I can be seen as a nut case… its just a bloody piece of meat… but let me tell you… this is no fillet mignon… this is on another league of its own!!!

So after having the super ex and a superb piece of meat… I will just leave it till the next time some kind soul to buy me Kobe beef again… It’s just to expensive for me… I will settle for a normal piece of beef.

2 comments:

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

damn .. i'd eat it .. even though i don't eat beef

Irene said...

Yum... I love juicy tenderloins too.