Friday, March 14, 2008

Once Every 5 Years...


1. People vote (and I will do it!)
2. My Australian PR Visa expires
3. My Passport expires

So my passport expires and once again I have to drag my ass to the Immigration Department to get a new passport done. This time around I am doing a 64 pages passport rather then the 32 pages.

Woke up late and I thought I will do it next week (I am the GREAT procrastinator), not until my mom called me up and told me sarcastically how RESPONSIBLE I was!! OK guilt trip!!

Had a quick shower and out the door…by the time I reach the Department, it was like 10am… thanks to the many rounds I made to look for a blardee parking spot!

Got my number (thank GOD!!) and waited…and waited… 1074 was my number…got called up…and I had a very weird and frustrating conversation with the officer.

Officer: Cik, nak buat passport 64 muka surat? (Miss, you want to make a 64 page passport?)
Me: Ya (Yes)
Officer: Pasti?? ( Sure??)
Me: Ya. Mengapa? (Yes. Why?)
Officer: Mungkin passport tak boleh siap hari ini kerana itu machine susah nak laminate 64 mukasurat. (There is a possibility it cannot be done today and its difficult to laminate 64 pages)
Me: Isn’t it the same?
(yes my Malay is very bad! I can only carry basic conversation)
Officer: Ya it’s same. You cuba datang balik petang, mungkin boleh. Urgent kah passport. (You can try to come back in the afternoon and see if it is ready. Is it urgent?)
Me: YES IT’S URGENT, I NEED IT TODAY!!
Officer: Cuba la!! Mengapa tak mahy buat 32 mukasurat?
(Will try la…why don’t you make 32 pages instead?)
Me: Because I travel banyak! (Because I travel a lot!)
Officer: OK OK …I cuba (Ok Ok I will try)

WTF!!
Update:
P/S: Just went to get my passport and realised that the officer's meaning of laminate is actually binding of the passport pages...not laminate the passport pages... No wonder I was finding for laminated part of the passport! BODOH!!!

1 comment:

Irene said...

I think my malay would be the same as yours!