Monday, March 03, 2008

Me in America

Still feeling zombified by all the time difference, but am getting the hang of it. I don’t think I want to go through it anytime soon… it really screws up the whole system!

OK! Storytelling time and photos galore( to come when I manage to sort out the pics)!!

I will not bore you guys and my future self by going on and on about what we did from day one, I will just highlight some interesting thoughts on the trip!

Drama with the Homeland Security
When we landed in San Francisco after 12 hours of flight, I was felling super blur…did not manage to get any sleep at all!! So much for being blur I actually spend a long time at immigration not because I was a suspected terrorist but because the scanner could not read my fingerprints!!! WHY?? After many attempts, we realised my fingers were so dry that it reader would not pick up my prints… but the super sweet immigration lady offered me hand lotion ha ha ha… yups it did work after that!

Viva Las Vegas!!!
*jaws dropping* was the reaction the minute I was standing on “The Strip”! The lights… the crowd, the slot machines, the shows (Bette Midler was plying at The Mirage!!) MY GOD!!! We stayed at the Venetian and the suite was super duper ke-duper fantastic!!!! And the Grand Canyon, the stretch limousine…the helicopter…aaahhhh the life… I cannot describe it, just view my photos!!!

NEW YORK!!!! NEW YORK!!!!!!
Snowing!!! Superb!! I LOVE CENTRAL PARK!!! I was freezing my ass off…but the city was oh- so pretty (but dirty)…everything was white and I even experience flurries!!! So cute cute as a button rabbit fur white… ok just cute.

Things that I don’t get:
How do Americans drink coffee?
I realise one thing… Americans do not I repeat DO NOT know how to drink coffee for shit!!!… I am sorry if anyone disagree with me, but it is so diluted!!! Taste like longkang water (drain water). Even their Starbucks coffee is super diluted… I am saying this based on the 3 states I’ve visited and every time I order a strong coffee it comes back like 1 teaspoon of Nescafe in 1 litre of water!!! SOOOOO hubs and I started ordering Espresso and a hot cup of water to make Long Black. Seriously they do not know what is long black and their Americano is longkang water!!! How to drink LAH!!!!!! I was so disappointed… Melbourne’s coffee ROCKS!!!!


Tips for every single bloody thing!!!
Yes tipping is mandatory!! No SHIT!!! Super annoying and they put it in a nice word GRATUITY!


Jokes anyone??
They cannot take sarcastic jokes (even not directed at them)…helloooo…where is your sense of humour?? New Yorkers please take a chill pill… (and clean up your city!!!) It smells of pee, yes even on the exclusive 5th Avenue.


Funny and Scary Jet Blue Pilot and Crew
So we were taking JetBlue, the local budget airline from Las Vegas to New York, and the pilot was telling us that there is a massive snow storm in New York and that is why we were delayed and we were lucky our flight was not cancel and he told us that they had put on extra fuel in case we can’t land! All that is a chirpy voice!! Pretty amazing… I had a good laugh and was wondering how on earth we are going to land with all the snow in New York! But the pilot did well!!!


The 3-1-1
Yes the 3-1-1 security system at the airport. It just freaks me out! I went through it without any problems but I cannot help but feel like I have done something wrong! Like any minute they will pounce on me!!


Giant SUPER Premium Factory Outlets
Yes I don’t get it… because I am just amazed at the prices!! SOOOOO cheap comparing to what we get is Asia… We went to factory outlets in San Fran, Las Vegas and New York and it was like I have died and gone to heaven!!! The Coach bags were like our Bonia bags!!! Super cheap!! AND…(drum roll please!!!) I bought my Bottega Veneta bag!!!! My life is complete!!! Ok not really complete...but for that moment lah!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Your photo of the Starbucks cup, got me craving some!!!