Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Satisfaction

My entry today is going to be a bit urm… philosophical… don’t ask me what got into me…A friend told me that she really envy my life…what’s to envy I ask? My life-style? My loving hubby? The fact that I run my own business and I can take off anytime I want? The fact that I can buy anything I want without having to think twice? Why do people always compare? Why it is that people cannot be satisfied with what they have? Why is satisfaction so hard to achieve?

I for one am not entirely satisfied with my life…there are many more things I want to do, but I try not to compare myself to someone else…or someone better off than me in many ways. I will not be able to live up to the Joneses, so why torture myself. I want to live my life by my own rules. Mom always tells me, “If you think you are better than everyone else, there is bound to be someone much better than you.”

So…be glad with what you have, and never feel envious of the next person as there is someone better off than you AND there is also someone worse off than you. After all… as long as one is sexually satisfied, I guess all is good…God put us on earth to reproduce…everything else is just distraction… ha ha ha…

2 comments:

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

Who's that ?? Whisper to me next time .. I think everyone should appreciate what they are given and what they have, be it health, love or material stuff. So many people just bitch about their own lives, but they don't think that there are others that would give anything to have a bit of that kind of life. No point wasting time harping or envying others, we wouldn't be happy. I think they should plant flowers and grass.

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

Totally agreed...thank god we are on the same page...