Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Mainland

Being a Penangnite and hailing from the island, we generally well sort of discriminate against the “mainland” people a.ka. Pak Hai Lang cause they are so “backwards” and not happening. My dear friend Debi since young kept on going on and on and on about how she would never be caught with a Pak Hai boy!!! Lo’ and behold…she is gonna marry one!!! And boy she got a good catch! Ha ha ha…but don’t get me wrong, my perception of our Penang mainland has changed throughout these few years and I realize how ridiculous I was. There are many things great bout Pak Hai, for example:

Food is fantastic at Raja Uda
Food is dirt cheap
Shopping is cheap
People are friendlier and not so up in their ass
They are rich
Land is cheap and plenty
Property is cheap and plenty
The place is booming
AUTO CITY ROCKS!!!
Did I mention the food is FANF**KINGTASTIC!!! Hahahahahaha


Couple of nights ago, Debs SMS me telling me how great Auto City was and we MUST go and check it out!!! I was a bit well…curious, SO we check the place out last night…we cross the bridge and travel south on the highway, less than 5 minutes we were there and WOW was I impress, the place actually put many places on the island to shame… There were so many restaurant, pubs, clubs, coffee houses and all were nicely done up…it was like a Bangsar with good and plenty parking spaces and. I must say, I was totally totally shocked!!! WELL DONE!!! SOHO was nicely done up in an old British kinda way, the beer was not diluted (hopefully it will stay that way), the mash potato is way better than the Penang SOHO and the waiter was sooooooooo nice and polite… and attentive and spoke very good English! WOW! Double WOW!!!!

*clap* *clap* *clap*

No comments: