Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do You Want To Be On The Waiting List?

OK! I just had a very weird phone convo! (for me)

So... I have decided to bring hubs for his birthday dinner at Donovans and I called them up to make a booking. The convo went something like this:

Donovans' Reception Girl (DRG): Good eve'nin Donovans!
Me: Hie! I would like to make a booking for 2 person @ 8pm this Friday nite.
DRG: I am sorry we are fully booked...would you like to be on the waiting list?
Me: Fully booked?? This Friday nite?? Waiting LIST??? oohhhh *sounding very confused!*
DRG: Yes, would you like to be on the waiting list?
Me: How does it work?
DRG: I will put you down and will call you if there is any cancellation.
Me: Like about when will I know if I will get a table?
DRG: urm if there is a cancellation.
Me: Urmmm.... ok
DRG: Great! Can I get a name and mobile no please?
Me: (gave my details). SO like are you gonna call me on Friday itself?
DRG: between now and Friday
Me: uh oh.... then I better have book another place just to be safe.
DRG: *laughs as me!!!* Yea maybe...
Me: OK thanks!
DRG: Your welcome!

* hangs up phone*

OK for those of you who are familiar being on waiting list to get a table in a restaurant....well laugh your head off!! But seriously...I HAVE NEVER EVER been waitlisted at Donovans EVER!! Usually its always available... I guess it became more popular over the years...or there are a lot of people celebrating birthdays or something this Friday! Dammit! I was sooo looking forward to a comfy table by the fireplace with the view of the beach and ocean!

BUT SERIOUSLY!! WAITLIST why can't they just put it at fully booked FULLSTOP! Now I am in limbo... I got to go find another resataurant to makan! OR should I wait for "THE" call?? $%&I*&^%#!()(^*@#

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would not take the risk of waiting. I work in the hotel industry and things can happen. If fully book you might not enjoy a romantic environment.

On the safe sight book somewhere else new or special as it is a Hubby for you. You would not want to spoil the day. I know how that feels.

Take care and enjoy.