Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Me No GEEK!

When it comes to new technology, well I have a mindset of an 80 year old! I am terrified of it... I hate reading manuals. And I am so afraid that if I pressed the wrong button, the whole thing will self destruct!

I love to write notes or anything the traditional way. But I have to get on with times! (But I still have loads of notebooks and pretty pens with different colours!)

My recent technological breakthrough was how to on and play movies and music on the PS3. It took me 2 years to learn that! No, I am not SLOW, I am afraid... I did delete some stuff off and hubs was not impressed!

Then my next attempt on technology was my dad's old Blackberry ( which I NOW absolutely ADORE!!! - makes me look like a high profile business woman who make multibillion dollar deals!) So hubs hook me up with it and it took me weeks to learn how to use it properly and now... I can say I am 70% sure on all its applications!

So today, I decided to buy a new BlackBerry phone! Just one small problem, have not a clue on the specifications. Ok maybe a few specs which I am clueless about like what the hell is a 3.2MP camera? Is 3.2 MP good enough?? Why do they have "enhanced media player"? Isn't the media player A media player? It has a built in GPS ( that I know) and BlackBerry Map. OK isn't both the same thing? The display...battery life....WIFI WPA?WPA2 Apa tu? 802.11b/g????

In the end...I just asked hubs to pick out for me... so now I am getting a BlackBerry Curve8900. Well, I stillhave not gotten it yet... all I need to do is get to the store and buy it. But I think I better ask another BlackBerry user first! Hubs does not support BlackBerry so I am kinda afriad he will sabo me and then ask me to switch back to a Nokia or HTC or SAMSUNG. That cunning fellow!

2 comments:

Irene said...

My hubs has the "crack"berry and he's constantly on it. I have the iPhone. So if you know how to work an iPod, go with the iPhone ;)

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

I can;t use touch screen phones! It drives me up the wall...ha ha ha ha