Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stop The Abuse

People regret in life… but me… I have a few regrets…BUT I never regretted any of my relationships, no matter how stupid there are… especially my first relationship where I was emotionally, mentally, verbally and physically abuse for 3 whole years. I never regret the pain I went through, cause I know I was young and naïve and because of that, I can share my experience with other women that is going through the same thing.

Sometimes, being in an abusive relationship, I must admit, I did not know, I was so blinded and in love. And when it got worse, I was just afraid to leave…afraid that no one would want me anymore. And I was afraid my parents would hate me, and my friends would laugh at me.

He was so sweet to me in the beginning, treated me like a princess, then things just got worse started with being constantly possessive, then throwing verbal abuse at me, embarrass me in public and then eventually hitting me in public. The final draw was when he punches my nose and it broke. That was it, my friends told my parents and an intervention was in place. Talk about DRAMAS!!!!

Today, as my readers would know, I am happily married to a non-abusive man. But unfortunately, I have friends who were and some still is in abusive relationships and for those who got out of it, it feels like a whole house was lifted from their shoulders and they feel liberated. For those who are still in it, I can feel and see that their soul is slowly dying, the denial, and the hope that one day everything will change, just like how I felt all those years ago. But, no matter how much you tell an abused person to leave, it is up to them to take the stand, we can only standby and watch and pray that one day they will have the courage to leave before its too late.

A friend recently sent me this article on the "The Loser" Warning Signs of Dating A Loser by Joe Carver. I plead to anyone who is reading this entry who believes that they or any of their friends or loved ones are in an abusive relationship to read the article. It may help, they need all the help and support.

No comments: