Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Art Of Making Babies : 3rd Time Not A Charm

So,my beta hCG came back with a BIG FAT NEGATIVE!

As expected. I did not cry or feel much. Could it be that I am mentally more prepared for this failure?

So on to the next stage of our journey : IVF.

After spending time talking with Dr. D and discussion with hubs, we have decided to give Dr. D a try with IVF and if it fails we will then consider going over to Bangkok.

So we will be jumping into IVF this coming cycle, BUT as my polyps has return, I might need to surgically remove it. So back to the OT I go. Not looking forward to this part, as I am hoping that it will go away by my next internal scan. Dr. D did explain very well the whole IVF procedure and giving us option on which kind of IVF protocal we might want to do.

Sheesh...I always tot that IVF is just injections, egg retrival, test tube and implant. Boy was I wrong. We can have the option of having different stimulants, supression injections and so on.... A bit complicated at the moment.

So right now first stage is to wait for my menses to come for real and do a blood test and internal scan. From there we will be able to know the next step.

My life has always been challenging, and filled with roadblocks... I do hope this will be the last roadblock that I have to encounter for having children.

On to a new rollercoster ride.

1 comment:

ween said...

hey... im so sorry to see how stressful this is for u... pls be strong ok? when the time is right... u will have one.. just dont give up ya...

take care!