Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Right Approach To Losing Weight?

My doctor has been asking me to lose some weight in order to increase my chance in getting preggers. Many months of exercising and dieting I did not lose weight but gain weight instead.... maybe it's the muscle weight! Watever... And my doctor also told me to chill and relax... *rolls eyes*

So about a month ago, my colleague when on this three month weight management program by Nu Skin - The Right Approach Program (TRA) and she told me about the right way of eating and so on... being me... desperate to try ANYTHING, I jumped on the bandwagon. So far after 2 weeks I am glad to say I have lost 2 kilos from smart eating. I would thought I  would be starving and not get to eat many things...boy I was wrong....very wrong... I still get to enjoy my chicken rice, my hokkien mee, eat in restaurants... cook my pasta dishes :) 

TRA's basic rules:
1. I have to make sure to eat 3 times a day and if I am hungry I have to snack on fruits or veggies (which I have no problems with).
2. I have to eat portions based on the size of my fist and palm.
3. I have to eat fruits, veggies, protein and carbs in this order.
4. Light exercise 3-4 times a week.

And of course I would have to take their all-natural supplements to boost my metabolic rate, and burn and block fats.

Lets just hope that I will keep to this for 3 months *wink*

And to address the issue of me being stress ALL THE TIME. I have found a small yoga class close by to our house and I will be dragging the hubs and mom along for a trial next week. Fingers and toes cross that by eating right, exercise and yoga I will be in better shape and state of mind to have a bun baking in my oven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is good to read that you are doing Yoga, as it helps calm yourself and not forgetting strengthening the inner you.

All the best dear and enjoy life + breath along way. It will happen for you.

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

Thanks dear :)