Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Girly Girl Weekend in Saigon

I was Ho Chi Minh City (I prefer to call it Saigon) last weekend with my girls…It was one of those girly vacation that all we do is shop, booze and gossip. I hated Saigon when I went there for the very first time in 2004, maybe because, we stayed at a sleazy 70s lookalike whore house with leopard prints bed sheets, maybe it was the dust, maybe because hubs got food poisoning, or maybe cause all the food taste muddy.

Whatever it was, this trip to Saigon was a BLAST!!!! We stayed over at Deb’s sister’s place, which was super nice apartment in a more upper class area of Saigon. It was a very relaxing, fun, lazy trip.

We would wake up in the morning like 8am, and in our PJs we would watch DVDs (which we bought from Saigon Square at a very very cheap $$) like Cash mere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle and have or fruits and coffee. Then we would laze around gossip until it was time to go out for lunch. After a lazy lunch we would then go SHOPPING!!! The markets, the malls, the streets…name it we were there… we would usually be back by 5pm after a drink at the market or at a beer house and get ready for dinner. And the day would end with a late nite drink (bottles of wine) and lounge music and lotsa gossips!! Ahhh so nice!

-Dawn' s apartment...as you can see, we sort of trashed it!-


-our water for the 3 nites-

We made friends with the locals, especially DJ Samurai and Jeng who I think owns a hip-hop boutique which we took shelter from a thunderstorm… the fun we had…well he made us forget about the rain and we had a bit of fun trashing his shop!!! We even had a Vietnamese lesson from Jeng…and I think I failed badly!!

-DJ Samurai-


-the things we do to entertain ourselves-

Sigh…as for now… back at work… a bit…no very very hard to get the momentum back… I have definitely been bitten by the travel bug!














P/S: I finally got my IPANEMA bags!! and many other bags and purses....heaven!

No comments: