Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The One With The Rising Temparature and I Went Hola!

So Chap Goh Meh is finally over... which marks the end of Chinese New Year for 2010.

My CNY this year was pretty cool... hot. LITERALLY! So hot that I have to take cold showers 4-5 times a day ( note that I hardly/never take cold shower...I am pampered like that!)

It started out as any normal decent Malaysian Chinese would start their new year celebration.... Gambling! Yes...we love to gamble and we always take CNY as an excuse to overdo it! 

This year we DID add a bit of fun into our gambling session @ Wisma Lim in Kota Kemuning. 

We Had a "P-p-p Poker Party!"

I was Lady Ace, and hubs was Captain Jack Spade
 
I guess we like to dress up.... and some of my other friends were pretty creative!
The wicked poker witch and Ms. Poker International
The Poker Hantu
Urmmm... I dunno what he was coming as...maybe her works for ACE Advertising?
Poker Officer and Poker Sheriff

I was very ONG that night! Guess my wig was working it's luck!

For the 1st day to the 3rd day of CNY was spend visiting uncles and aunties in Rawang and PJ with my in laws...and I tell you, I was wearing very very little coz the heat was so unbearable... so a lot of uncles and aunties were like "looking" at my outfit! (you know that look???)

On the 4th day, BALIK Penang!! woohoo !!! Mind you, I love spending my CNY in PJ with my in laws... but they don't do steamboat! Which is a must for my CNY celebration!

So sampai my parents house at sharp 7pm and lo and behold... two pots of steamboat...my mom so sweet invited my gramps and whole family to join in to makan makan with me... *tears*
 
OK actually this picture very little people niah... coz the rest still not here!!!But I kenot tahan dee...so I makan first!

 Then when almost everyone was here we had....


See I soooo happy and fat festively plum
Aftermath of "loh hei-ing" the yee sang....OK altogether this CNY I had 6 Yee Sang...and the best was at Mapel Palace Restaurant @ Maple Gold Club, Penang.

Then on the 5th day of CNY....what did I do?? Oh yea I went to "pai nin" with my family in Penang...(Penang wayyyyyyy hotter than PJ), then on the 6th day my office officially open for business for the Year of The Tiger, but we had Lion dance... not Tiger dance... ha ha ha ha get the joke?? corny!

On the 7th day of CNY...it's where my daddy and mummy held their annual CNY Open House... (actually its not open house more like invited guest only but we always say open house...wtf...) 

 Scottie meow (hugs)

There was like about close to 150 people but all I was interested was...
This and...



Well after a night of lotsa "siew yok" and x amount of booze.... it was our Hokkiens' most important day of the CNY, the 9th day..."Pai Thee Kong"
 

In the midst of all the festivities... 

We bought our air ticket to Argentina!!! *whoopsss*  HOLA!!!

Yes, we are going to Argentina!!! end of the year and there is no turning back coz the air tickets are non refundable ( we got it from Malaysian Airline Travel Fair ) Its super cheap and it save us a total of RM 10k!!!

I am super duper excited for this trip but there is still 10 more months to go before we actually leave for Argentina to celebrate Christmas and New Year! 
So until then, we have many many things to do and go... first we are going to do our PADI course this weekend and next weekend, then will be off to Tenggol Island for some r & r with my in-laws family. Then we will be going back to Melbourne for 3 months! ( hoping to make our Kimberley trip happen *fingers cross*)

Then back to Penang by July and hopefully *fingers cross again* we can move into our new house by November before flying off to ARGENTINA!!! Wooohooooooooo!!!!!

Actually the only words in Spanish I know is Hola or Ola ( I really dunno) = Hi and Si = Yes

Hopeless case!

Sheesh... I am in good spirits today! :)

OKBAI 

XOXO

1 comment:

Yen said...

Lynn,

The only other words you need to know are
cerveza=beer
vino=wine
hahahaha