Monday, March 15, 2010

The One Where I Survived!

I survived! Now I am officially a license PADI Open Water Diver! *proud face*
 
Day 1 of my open water dive was scary! My 1st dive  ( 12m) we descend with my instructor using line descend, where I get to hold on to the anchor line to go down. I was overwhelmed  with my surroundings...so many many many fishes!!! (unlike in my contained water dive , it was just four walls) During my 1st and 2nd dive, we did our skills, like equipment preparation, pre-dive safety check, and the works la. Did have a few hiccups, I was not relax enough so I had problems with my buoyancy and also my breathing. 

On my 2nd dive( 13.8m) of day 1, my instructor told me to free descent without assistant...kinda scary...I felt my arms and legs all over the place!! LOL! but I did ok... Oh I drank salt water!*sigh*

At the end of Day 1, my instructor gave me some lecturing pointers to get me ready for my Day 2, Dive 3 and 4. 

I was dead tired and was kinda upset cause I felt I dive shitty!

On the Day 2, we went back to Pulau Payar again to finish up our dive 3 and 4. This time around my instructor took us out on the boat to Coral Garden ( during dive 1 and 2, we dive off the platform and it was in a controlled environment). I did a back entry, I do not know the term...but its the one most diver enter the water...looks like a back flip kind. At first I was scared shit!! Then my instructor sort of "push" me in! When I hit the water...I felt so liberated! I dunno how to describe it... it was AWESOME! My 3rd dive (18.4m) was fabulous and I was at ease, relax and no major issues... I was enjoying the marine life... I was like in an aquarium!! So many type of soft and hard corals... I saw "Nemo" (clown fish) lots of them!!! The highlight of my 3rd dive was the huge Grouper I saw... it was staring cock at me!

My 4th dive(13.8m) was at Pulau Kaca. I went alone with my instructor and other license divers and left hubs behind ( he got acid reflux!) Once again I enter using the "back flip" (I LOVE IT!!) and down we went. My instructor was suppose to take me to the wreck but I had problems with my mask and could not catch up with other advanced divers, so I missed out on it :( at the end my instructor took me around and perform some safety skills. Highlight: I saw 3 HUGE Barracudas and a sea white sea slug with neon orange protruding eyes! Coolness!!

All in all... I must admit I did pretty well... and I am glad I did this!

Next dive - Pulau Tenggol!

No comments: