Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Bridezilla: Part Two

How did I, a good natured person become such an evil person? How did I become a Bridezilla? Many years ago, while I was studying in Melbourne, I was hooked onto a TV reality show, BRIDEZILLA. J, my live-in-partner then (my hubby now), told me..."Oh my God, U are going to be like that!!" I was like HELL no way!!!...well...J, could see the future...J could see me rite thru...J knew who I really was. I mean, I know I am an anal person, a neat freak, a perfectionist, but no one can be a perfectionist.

J and I knew we were gonna get married; we knew it was the next thing to do after being together for 5 years. So things just fell into place naturally, we went to pick out my diamond...I picked out my own setting design for my "almost" perfect stone. What came as a huge surprise when we were back in our Melbourne home when one morning with his whale breath, J turn over and woke me up, gave a corny love speech to me which neither he or I can remember and ask me to marry him. WAIT A MINUTE!!! I tot that MY diamond ring was back in Malaysia being set; I can't say YES right now...I need a ring on my finger. Well...he bought a substitute ring for me...how sweet can J be sometimes...OF coz I sed YES... duh!! but he did took me by surprise....tears, kisses, hugs and all... yadda yadda yadda...I got my engagement ring and I think I misplaced my substitute ring. (note to self: find the substitute ring by end of 2006).

After I got my rock sometime in May 2005, I started building castles in my head on my dream wedding... I wanted many things... I wanted a beach wedding attended only by close friends and favoured family members only, well... that castle was not approved by the council, so scrap that. I immediately started looking around for reception venues for both Penang and KL, seeing that J is from KL. I also got a good advice from a very good friend of mine, both of us equally anal. She asked me to get a wedding planner. Hhhmmmm...that never occurred to me a bit to hire a wedding planner, I tot I could be a hero and do it all by myself. But she sed I am better off with a planner...AGREED!

Oppsss I got side track… let see…how did I became a Bridezilla. Well…one thing is for sure when we met our wedding planner, I wanted to be “the” PLANNER. J tot I was nuts…why would you wanna hire a wedding planner when you yourself wanted to plan, organize and execute. That was the first sign!!

No comments: