Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Art Of Making Babies : IUI Pt 3

....and the waiting game begins....

On Monday we went in for a scan and finally my follicle is big enough and so the doc prescribe me with Ovidrel for my final jab at night to induce the hatching of my one and only precious egg. Good !! no more Gonal-F injections every morning. Bad... coz the needle is slightly longer than the usual Gonal-F and more liquid means needle in me longer means oucchhh factor increase!

After the Ovidrel jab, I felt feverish and headache and just BLAHHH....not a good feeling for the next 24 hours... I was just tired...maybe emotionally drained...

Yesterday we went for our IUI procedure. Everything went on very well... except Dr. D kept asking me to relax if not my system will reject the washed sperm that was being out into my womb.How the hell do you relax when my bladder is full and it does not help when the nurse is pressing the ultrasound scan on my bladder!! It was over in less than 2 mins but he said it could have been faster if I were to relax! The feeling was weird... I could see from the scan that the "boys" were being inserted! Anyways..I got emo after that!! All the injections and headaches and mood swings and that was it, to prepare for this moment! 

I was then prescribe Duphaston to take for the next two weeks in order to make my "lining" stronger for implantation. So far its been make me pukish and thumping on my head. Not a good feeling but it will ALL be worth it when we get the positive result.

So for the next two weeks, it is a waiting game... thank God I have plenty to do with Chinese New Year around the corner and preparation for moving to our new house.

So let's all pray for good news in two weeks :) and may all our dream for a baby rabbit come true!

Happy Chinese New Year!!!


No comments: