Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Obsession with Public Toilets

I think I might be a Bathroom/Toilet freak! Yes we have already established that I am ANAL when it comes to housekeeping, but toilets/bathrooms have to be very very very (must stress) clean, neat and germ free (ok impossible to be germ free).

It really irks me out when I step into dirty public toilets especially in Malaysia… why can’t they keep the floor and the toilet seat dry? There will be shoe marks on the toilet seats, drips of urine/shit/period around the bowl and surrounding floor and use pads/panty liners missing the bins!!! GROSS!! What is really bad is that it is badly maintain, flush not working, no toilet paper, no toilet SEAT!!! I mean how primitive can we get… I wanna know how people use the toilet… how blardee hard is it to pee and poo? WHY WHY WHY??? Must you mess up the toilets!!! Using toilets is very simple; you go in, lock the door, take out your pants and pee/poo then clean up after your business…

The number one worst toilet I have EVER EVER in my life so far used was the one on Mekong Delta in Vietnam… oh my Lord… it was so bad and my bladder was in pain that I had to use it really BAD… the smell of the mixture of urine and poo and some freshener, I almost faint in there…I would not want to start on the cleanliness… no wonder there was this guy pooing under the bridge rather than use the toilet!

So now, every time I use a public toilet (any public toilet), I am always armed with Dettol wipes (to wipe the toilet bowl, toilet handles or whatever I have to touch), disposable toilet seat cover (double protection after wiping the seat with Dettol wipes), lotsa tissue paper to clean up.

Countries with clean public toilets that I have visited and well I am rather impress with are namely Australia, Japan, Singapore; Bangkok was so- so only same as Hong Kong depending on which public toilets you use. The rest well, all I can say bring ya Dettol wipes, and disposable toilet seat cover.

1 comment:

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

my toilet is actually very dirty ...