Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Melbourne

I just got my tickets to go back to Melbourne for this spring… and that got me thinking… oh how much I missed living, studying and working there… *sigh* it is so different now going back there for a month or two just to look at our properties.

I missed my beer at Cookie Bar, I missed shopping for groceries at Coles, I missed my “pho” in Springvale, I missed the politeness and friendliness of Melbournians, I missed the Yarra Valley, I missed lunch at Lake House, I missed the mountains, I missed Officeworks, I missed my breakfast at Sweethearts, I missed Mornington Peninsula, I missed cycling through the parks, I missed drinking Paul’s Milk, I missed Hungry Jack’s Bacon Deluxe ( real bacon not beef bacon real real pork bacon and that is how bacon should BE!!! ) I missed how the sun sets at 4pm during winter, I missed the trams I used to take to work, I missed the musicals,
I missed Squire’s Loft steak, I missed my Foxy car, I missed Chapel Street, I missed the quaint coffee shops that serves a REAL latte, I missed the clean “wet “markets, I missed my house and garden, I missed the feeling of being skinny amongst the big ang mohs, I missed hanging out at Rakhma and Sha’s apartment on Collins, I missed the annual Comedy Festivals, I missed raving and clubbing till wee hours in the morning…the list is endless…OH HOW I MISSED MELBOURNE!!!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

hehehe,,,,I did heaps of stuff on your list this week :D
Tick off on squires loft, springvale, chapel street, yarra valley and heaps of other stuff not on the list. FUN!