Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do I Need To Go To AA?

I was so free (as usual) and I started thinking…hmmm should I have a glass of red tonight while cooking… or a gin and tonic after dinner… Uh OH then I started thinking…How does one recognize an alcoholic? Why I am asking this is because I am suspecting after all these years that I have been telling (joking) people that I am an ALCOHOLIC!! It might be true after all… I think *scratch head*

I took two tests online to determine if I have a drinking problem…

VERDICT 1:

According to the Office of Health Care Programs, Johns Hopkins University Hospital, developers of this screening quiz, if you answered 3 of these questions with a Yes it is a definite sign that your drinking patterns are harmful and possibly considered alcohol dependent or alcoholic. You may want to seek an evaluation by a healthcare professional.

VERDICT 2:

It is likely that your current drinking patterns are hazardous or harmful to your health and well being. Your responses to the AUDIT (Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test) are in a range believed to be consistent with problems related to drinking. Because your results indicate that your drinking patterns may be hazardous or harmful, consider seeking further evaluation from your doctor or other qualified health professional, who can help you determine if your alcohol consumption is adversely affecting your health or interfering with your work and relationships. You may also want to learn more about health problems related to drinking and ways to reduce your risk. The links below will assist you in locating a local health professional for further assistance, and in making well informed health decisions about alcohol.

Shits ohhh shit!!… my drinking patterns are harmful to my health and well being… oh dear….how to give up my bottle of cab sav, or the occasional gin and tonic…colorful cocktails during vacation… whiskey and soda… OH NO!!! *sob* *sob* but I already cut down compared to my uni days!!!

So back to the question, am I an alcoholic?? I think I might have a below borderline case…so still can save!!

No comments: