Monday, March 16, 2009

Hidden Gem


Being from the island of Penang, one would think that we would be bless with clean beaches with clear water. Well think again, over the last 20-30 years, our Penang beaches ( especially in north island) has been polluted not only by irresponsible beach goers, but also pollution from dumping and ships. Well, it is still bearable as long as we do not go into the water! I still love it!

Surprisingly, over the weekend, we found another beach located south of the island! To my surprise, not many people go there ( only locals among the area) and the beach was extremely clean, the water quality not that fantastic but better than the north side on the island. I instantly fell in love with it and vowed to go back there whenever I can!

I had such a great time playing games with the kids (not mine!!) and chilling out with my I-Pod with the Casuarina trees shading me from the scorching afternoon sun; eating "nasi lemak", curry chicken, nyonya kuih and gluping down beer! Hubs was busy snapping shots and chilling in his hammock.

I love my island!!

*BLISS*

8 comments:

Irene said...

I gotta ask. can you feel a difference with the flip flops / slippers? I've seen them here and they sell for an arm and a leg (Cdn $30). Where as I can get 3 pairs for $10 on sale at Old Navy.

Of course, naturally, that means I want the more expensive pair :)

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

Heya Irene!! Congrats on baby Logan!!
Havies?? well they are the most comfortable flip flops EVER!!! it does not bite in between my toes like most cheaper flip flops.

Yes it cost so much more than a regular one but really depends on how often you would used them...i wear mine everyday...tropical country...ha ha ha ha... But seriously u shud get one!!

You will be ADDICTED

~P~ said...

OH CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

*SOBS* *SOBS*!!

Those r the exact ones my mom threw away!!

*cries heart out*

ok sorry for being so dramatic. My mom threw away my green havies while i was in Aust coz she said my dog chewed on it. I was very very very very upset coz i hunted all over Sydney for THAT COLOUR!!!! and i'm not one to spend heaps on anything..so it was a splurge...and they dont have that colour anymore.....can i steal urs?

~P~ said...

thats LAKE GREEN??

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

i am sorry for your lost!! i would know how it feels like!

not too sure what green it is... hehehehe

Irene said...

well then I'm so going to get me a pair.

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

yay!! tell me what colour you got!

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

hubbie looks like he's gonna spear a fish with his tool.