Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Art Of Making Babies : IUI Pt 4

So the wait is finally over. Went in to take my blood test. Waited 2 hours (which seems like an eternity).

Result: Negative - Dr. D told me "it's not good"

That instant, my heart drops....

We are not pregnant.

Somehow, I did not cry...I did feel really disappointed...and I did ask myself if I did anything wrong...maybe I was too tense, maybe this, maybe that... then again the chances of a successful IUI is only 18%.

Now the question is do I want to take a month off doing IUI and continue the following month OR do I want to immediately try IUI again on my next cycle. I am really torn.

I do wanna try again immediately but then we will be moving house and I will be stressed up and what if it is negative again. And if I take a month off, it will be a month of waiting!!What if....what if....

Hubs on the other hand was indifferent... I have not spoken to him about this and I guess I just wanna be sad a while by myself.

Let's wait and see....

4 comments:

Farina Hashim said...

im so sorry... i really wanted it to be a 'Yes'!. dont be so down. take some time off n move house first. then when u r all settled n no stress, try again. i hv this over concern over ppl who's having difficulty toget preggers. coz im not IT too... many kisses n hugs flying ur way now for comfort!

Christina said...

Dun give up. Cheering for a Big Fat Positive in your next try. Sending 'baby dust' your way :)

Lynn a.k.a.Mama G said...

I wont give up! But I think I have decide to rest one month so I can move into my new house and get a fresh start. Thank you so much your support ladies :)

Chrissy said...

oh, hey, so sorry to hear that. take it easy and hope you get better news next round! by the way, you can start taking pre natal vitamins (e.g. Elevit from Oz) to prep your body for the next round too :)