Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The One With The Roasted Chicken

Last night, I decided to make roasted chicken breast and roasted vegies... coz I am kinda sick of marinating chicken...so I decided to go simple...

I started by lining my baking pan with carrots, broccoli,garlic and bay leave...to create a "rack" for my chicken so all the yummy juices will drip down and coat my vegies.

Then...I rub lotsa fresh sea salt and black pepper on both side and drizzle with lotsa olive oil. Oh ya... make sure your chicken is really dry before rubbing coz....



...you need to sear then chicken both side to seal in the juices before putting it into the baking pan to roast. (this is cheat method! )


Then transfer the chicken into the baking pan and roast it at 200 degrees Celsius
for 20-25 mins

 

Tadahhhhh...let it rest before plating.

Tadahhh Tadahhhhhhh.....( I grilled some corn on the side) ok picture quality very bad... lighting all wrong... but taste was yums... especially with my black pepper sauce...BUT, it was a tad dry... I aso dunno what I did wrong...too long?? temp to high??

I would attempt it again with a whole chicken and other kinda vegies... super easy and not messy...gave me time to enjoy my bottle of Cloudy Bay Sav Blanc while it was roasting.

No comments: