Monday, June 18, 2007

This Week’s Obsession: Personal Hand Made Cards @ Smida Paper*

Yes you got it…personal hand made cards…my good friend Debs dragged me to a card making class on Saturday morning… first of all, I have not got a clue on how to make a card…don’t you just buy a A4 cardboard and fold it into half?? And then scribble some notes inside…voila...and you’ve got a personalized card! Urm…not really…nopes…nadda… making a card is well…interesting… they have what you call a “scoring tool” to fold the paper/card, and a “slicing tool” to cut your paper, “pop-up” stickers to make a 3D effect of the card… different types of embellishments, glues, paints, tags…stamps…and the list go on…

Yes…yes… me being crafty?? Ha ha ha… no I did not glue my fingers together, nor did I staple my shirt to the table! So…there were 3 of us in the class with our ever young and creative “master” Aster… (sweet and very patience gal). She started us with a birthday card, the followed by a wedding card and finally a card of our choice…it tool us blardee 4 hours to finish the cards… (I think the older you are the more difficult to learn!!), I not only bought 300 bucks of paper (call me crazy) but I am going to sign up for Scrapbook Program… I think I might have a talent in creating stuff… for now la…so much FUN FUN FUN!!!

* find out more about Smida Paper @ http://blog.smidapaper.com

-Aster our "master-of-paper"-
-my hand made Birthday card for my hubs-

-Deb's Thank You card-

-card in progress-

-final product:my mom's Birthday card-

No comments: